The Institute for Research into Superdiversity (IRiS) at the University of Birmingham is organising the second international interdisciplinary conference on superdiversity. The aim of the conference is to map the state of the art in knowledge on superdiversity and reflect on the analytical and heuristic uses of the concept, its potential and limits. The Call for Papers and Panels is now open. Deadline for submission: 15 January 2016.
The conference includes an exciting line-up of external keynote and plenary speakers:
- Prof Yasmin Alibhai-Brown (journalist, writer, University of Lincoln)
- Prof Gurminder Bhambra (University of Warwick)
- Prof Dan Hiebert (University of British Columbia)
- Prof Jonathan Xavier Inda (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Prof Nira Yuval Davis (University of East London)